When I’m Gone

Project details

  • Date

     March 13, 2018

  • Task

     Combine 50 audio tracks into a mix and fix phase, timing, and frequency issues.

  • Category

     Audio Production, Mixing

Once the general landscape was carved out by applying EQ, the song started to take shape. The structures between verse and chorus were similar making light work of dynamic changes. The vocals had some delay added for the "miss me when I'm gone" parts to create space between the listener and vocalist. I found the room mics to be a tad busy and used them minimally. I also found the hi-hat to be pretty busy too with a very active snare and crash. This needed a lot of band filtering and broad low / high pass filters.

Check out more like this: